We recommend regular maintenance. Thorough vacuum cleaning on low power and without a beater brush. Rotate the rug occasionally, so that it will wear evenly over the whole surface. We recommend to use a rug underlay.
Our rug should be cleaned by a professional cleaner by flatwash or dry clean. You should never machine wash the carpet.
If the carpet is stained, act immediately, most often the stain can be removed. Do as follows:
- If you have dropped liquid on the carpet (wine, coffee, milk etc.) try to soak up the liquid by using a kitchen towel or toilet paper or both from both sides of the rug. Don’t rub. If you have dropped food on your rug use a spoon to remove as much as possible from the rug.
- Mix luke warm water with mild detergent like shampoo 1 to 1. Dip a white cloth into the mix and damp the stain. Don’t rub. Repeat if necessary.
- Use a white cloth to dry the spot.
- Make a new mix of luke warm water and hair conditioner.
- Dip a white cloth into the new mix and damp the stain. Then use a dry cloth on the same spot. Repeat this process 3-5 times.
- Finally dry the area that has been stained with a white cloth or toilet paper or both.
- Hopefully the stain should be removed by now. If not it, you would need to leave the carpet to a professional cleaner.
TENCEL™ yarn is cellulose fiber produced by environmentally responsible processes. It has a soft surface and luxurious look but should not be used in rooms where there is a lot of floor traffic. We recommend using a rug underlay and furniture pads under table-legs and couch-legs. Avoid dragging furniture on the rug and rotate the rug occasionally so that it wears evenly. Thorough vacuum cleaning is the easiest and most environment-friendly method of cleaning. Vacuum regularly to remove dust and dirt. Vacuum on low power and without a beater brush. New rug can shed and this will disappear gradually. Regular vacuum-cleaning helps remove excessive fibres.
To remove a wet stain, try soaking it up with a clean, white cotton cloth, do not rub. If the stain is not removed, contact a professional carpet cleaner. Do not use chemicals or liquid to remove stains. For cleaning, use a well-renowned professional carpet cleaner.
Vacuum clean on low power without a beater brush. Remove stains immediately with damp cloth or in the summer months hose down and air dry. Do not machine wash, bleach or tumble dry the carpets. Avoid prolonged water or moisture to lie in the carpet. When exposed to rain roll up the carpet and make it stand so that the water drains out. Once dry it can be spread again.
Hand Printed Linen Cushion Covers
Hand wash only, iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Hand Embroidered Cushion Covers
Dry clean only.
Velvet Cushion Covers
Dry clean only.
Spot clean with a damp white cloth. Shake off excess water, thereafter air dry. When not in use keep in dry place. Avoid prolonged exposure to rain/moisture.
Machine Wash at 40 degrees centigrade, tumble dry on low heat and remove promptly. Warm iron as needed. Wash separately and inside out.
Machine Wash at 40 degrees centigrade, tumble dry on low heat and remove promptly. Warm iron as needed.
©2020 Chhatwal & Jonsson. All Rights Reserved.